Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Kiss



The Kiss

Before you kissed me only winds of heaven
Had kissed me, and the tenderness of rain -
Now you have come, how can I care for kisses
Like theirs again?

I sought the sea, she sent her winds to meet me,
They surged about me singing of the south -
I turned my head away to keep still holy
Your kiss upon my mouth.

And swift sweet rains of shining April weather
Found not my lips where living kisses are;
I bowed my head lest they put out my glory
As rain puts out a star.

I am my love's and he is mine forever,
Sealed with a seal and safe forevermore -
Think you that I could let a beggar enter
Where a king stood before?
-Sara Teasdale (1884 - 1933)

********************
ಇವತ್ತಿಗೆ Pulitzer Prizeಎಂದು ಕರೆಯಲ್ಪಡುವ ಸಮ್ಮಾನವನ್ನು ಅದು ಆ ಹೆಸರಿನಿಂದ ಕರೆಯಲ್ಪಡುವ ಮುನ್ನವೇ ಪಡೆದಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರತಿಭಾವಂತೆ ಸಾರಾ ಟೀಸ್ ಡೇಲ್ ಮಧುರವಾದ ಹಲವು ಪ್ರೇಮ ಕವನಗಳನ್ನು ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾಳೆ
ನಿಸರ್ಗದ ಚೆಲುವಿನ ಚಪ್ಪರದಡಿ ಅರಳುವ ಸಾವಿನ ಮತ್ತು ಪ್ರೇಮದ ಬಗೆಗಿನ ಸಾರಾಳ ಕವಿತೆಗಳು ಆಳವಾಗಿ ಮನಕಲಕುತ್ತವೆ

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahantesh said...

ನಿಸರ್ಗದ ಚೆಲುವಿನ ಚಪ್ಪರದಡಿ ಅರಳುವ ಸಾವಿನ ಮತ್ತು ಪ್ರೇಮದ ಬಗೆಗಿನ ಸಾರಾಳ ಕವಿತೆಗಳು ಆಳವಾಗಿ ಮನಕಲಕುತ್ತವೆ annnodu 100% nija.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home