Monday, February 05, 2007

ಬಂದು ನಿಂತೆ ಹೇಗೋ ಏನೋ ನನ್ನ ಮನದ ಗುಡಿಯಲೀ...


Sonnet V

Your countenace is written in my soul,
and whatever I may wish to write of you;
you yourself wrote it; I read it
in such privacy that I hide even from you.

In this condition I am and always remain;
for though I can not contain all that I see in you,
whatever i do not comprehend of your great worth,I believe,
since my faith takes it for granted.

I was born only to love you;
my soul has cut you to its measure;
I want you as a garment for my soul.

Whatever I own I confess I owe to you;
for you I was born, for you I have life,
for you I must die and for you I am dying.

-Garcilaso de la Vega
(Translated from Spanish)

***********************

Garcilaso de la Vega ಎಂಬ ಈ ಹದಿನಾರನೇ ಶತಮಾನದ ಸ್ಪಾನಿಷ್ ಕವಿ ಬರೆದದ್ದು ಜಾಸ್ತಿಯೇನಿಲ್ಲ ಆದರೆ ಬರೆದಿದ್ದೆಲ್ಲಾ ಚಿನ್ನ ಅವನ ಕಾವ್ಯದ ಉತ್ಕೃಷ್ಟತೆಯೇ ಅವನನ್ನು Europian Renaissance ನ ಉತ್ತಮ ಕವಿಗಳ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ನಿಲ್ಲಿಸಿದೆ ಪೋರ್ಚುಗೀಸ್ ತರುಣಿಯೊಬ್ಬಳ ಮೇಲಿನ ಪ್ರೇಮವೇ ಅವನ ಸುನೀತಗಳ ಮುಖ್ಯ ವಸ್ತು.ಸ್ಪಾನಿಷ್ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸ ಗಾಳಿ ತಂದ Garcilaso ನ ಪ್ರಭಾವ ಇಂದಿಗೂ ಸ್ಪಾನಿಷ್ ಕಾವ್ಯದ ಮೇಲೆ ಅಚ್ಚಳಿಯದಂತಿದೆ

ಪ್ರೇಮೋತ್ಸವ-2

2 Comments:

Blogger MD said...

ಕವಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ, ಕವಿತೆಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಮತ್ತು ರುಚಿ ಎರಡಕ್ಕೂ ನನ್ನ ಸಲಾಮ್

7:09 AM  
Blogger mala rao said...

ನಿಮ್ಮ ಪ್ರೋತ್ಸಾಹದ ಕಮೆಂಟ್ ಗಾಗಿ ಥ್ಯಾಂಕ್ಸ್

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home