Friday, February 09, 2007

ಪ್ರೇಮ ಸುಮದ ಘಮ ಘಮ


When two people are at one
in their inmost hearts,
they shatter even the strength of iron or bronze.
And when two people understand each other
in their inmost hearts,
their words are sweet and strong,
like the fragrance of orchids.
(from the I Ching)
*********************
In dark you held my hand,
You hesitated, nor did I move
I said nothing, as words remained in my throat,
And a breeze made me shiver slightly.
A soft breath issued from your mouth; I felt
It pass through my body and my heart;
I yearned to keep that moment forever,
But if fled without a pause...
(A Chinese folk poem)
************************
I want to be your friend forever and ever
When the hills are all flat
and the rivers run dry
When the trees blossom in winter
and the snow falls in summer,
when heaven and earth mix
-not till then will I part from you
(A Chinese folk poem)
**********************
ಇವತ್ತಿನ ಪದ್ಯಗಳೆಲ್ಲಾ ಚೀನಾ ದೇಶದವು ಮೊದಲನೆಯದ್ದು ಅತಿ ಪುರಾತನ ಚೀನೀ ಗ್ರಂಥ `I Ching'ನಿಂದ ಆರಿಸಿದ್ದು. ಇದು Book of changes ಎಂಬ ಹೆಸರಿನಿಂದ ಪ್ರಖ್ಯಾತವಾಗಿದೆ ಇನ್ನುಳಿದ ಎರಡು ಚೀನೀ ಜನಪದ ಗೀತೆಗಳು.ಇವು ಮ್ಯಾಂಡ್ರಿನ್ ಮೂಲದ್ದೋ ಕ್ಯಾಂಟೋನೀಸೋ ಅಥವಾ ಇನ್ಯಾವ ಚೀನೀ ಭಾಷೆಯದ್ದೋ ಪತ್ತೆಯಾಗಲಿಲ್ಲ.
ಪ್ರೇಮೋತ್ಸವ-6

2 Comments:

Blogger MD said...

BEAUTIFUL poems.

Thanks alot.

By the way malaji do you read Urdu?

7:21 AM  
Blogger mala rao said...

thank you very much for your
appriciation...

nope... i don't read udru..
my hubby is a great fan of gazals
he only picked ib-ne insha's gazal for `prEmOtsava'

i just listen to hindi/ urdu songs...

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home